Wednesday 9 May 2012

Parisian Taxi Drivers

I've had plenty of 'fun' in Paris over the years getting taxis, up until now my favourite was when I booked a cab for 8:30, he turned up at 7:30 (I was still asleep) and then charged me 40 euros waiting time after I stumbled down bleary eyed 20 or so minutes later.

Now though, I have something even better.  We ordered a cab to take us to our office in La Defence, here in fact:




He duly drove in the right direction and dropped us off outside a large office building.  We all got out and wandered over to the building and he drove away.  At this point, I started to suspect something might be up as the building wasn't number 21 - it was called Europlaza, there was no sign of our company logo in reception and most telling, we were on the wrong street.  I whipped out my trusty iPhone (OK, it can be useful for something) and discovered this:

Yes, that's right, our helpful taxi driver had dropped us over a kilometre away from where were were supposed to be.  Those of you who have been to La Defence will of course know that it's a complete maze, full of walkways, overpasses, underpasses, stairways and lifts.  We did manage to get to the office though.  Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated...